Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig

I am back. No, I didn't just get back. I was done Sunday but I was worn out mentally, then needed to just spend a lot of time with my family as the kids didn't like Mom being gone so much and poor hubby had a whole new view on my day-to-day doings while he's gone at work. 

However, I have to say it was 100% worth it. This was an incredible weekend of learning, understanding, and big changes in our kids lives. I have so much to share, far too much to share in one post. But, information I learned this weekend will leak into my posts as the subject warrants. I won't keep it to myself, no worries there. 

So, first I should start with where I was. I attended the 2015 Autism Education Summit put on by Generation Rescue. 

From here


It was 3 days of intensive learning from some of the top names in the Autism community. I got to hear, and personally speak with, the likes of Dr. Dan Rossignol, Dr. Jerry Kartzinel, Dr. Richard Frye, and so many others. SO many others. They not only spoke but were extremely available during their sessions to ask questions and seek help from for your child. Yes, I took advantage of any time they had to pick their brains and they all pointed me in single direction on one of our big issues and helped with some of our other issues. 

I have notes to go through. boy do I have notes to go through. I took so many it felt like a cram session for an entire semester at school. Our kids have already reaped a few benefits from my time there, and these have been awesome changes. I am talking complete 180s on a few things. I will be sharing those this week hopefully. 

I got to meet up with a few friends who I haven't seen in ages. I got to meet new friends from online support groups I am a member of on various boards. I learned a lot about the legal front and the political front surrounding Autism and the biomedical community. I sat next to Donnie Wahberg at one point. (if anyone is a fan) That was my weekend in a nutshell. It was an incredible experience but I am also so glad to be done so I can bring that education home to my family and get back into our daily lives. 

Talk soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Random Acts of Boyhood Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template