Friday, October 2, 2015

Autism Resource - TACA

I went to my very first TACA meeting last night. What is TACA? It stands for Talk About Curing Autism.
From here
Now, before I get hate messages, let me get one thing very straight. If you have a child that has Autism or are someone living with Autism and want to live with it, don't want any change, and think you are fine, awesome. You go for it. That's your right and your choice.

I would ask you to respect our right and choice to see that our children are not healthy, have horrible gut issues, health issues, and more and need a cure for, at minimum, those items related to Autism. So, yes, I am seeking a cure. As I tell our son, I only want to get rid of the harmful and bad effects of Autism, not the way he thinks or feels.

So, after my weekend of learning there was a coffee and chat time to go over our take away thoughts from the conference. I got to meet a bunch of Moms who have kids on the spectrum. We are all on very different parts of our journey in this puzzle of hope. But we share a common bond, and that is love for our kids and a desire for them to be healthier. I learned a few things that I didn't know before, laughed and talked a lot, checked out a great book that I can't wait to dive into, and was hooked up with a lot of resources.

I will be attending regularly.

If you want to see if there is a meeting in your area, check out their website. Meetings are free, support is awesome, resources abound.

Go to TACA or click on the graphic below

From here
Talk soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Random Acts of Boyhood Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template